Blackberry Muffins are quick and easy to make and are a great way of using this dark, juicy berry! Eat them fresh out of the oven when they are still warm.
- 100 g butter
- 140 g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 g blackberries (washed)
- Set your oven to 200 C/180F/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together using a food-processor or hand-held beater.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, vanilla essence and milk and stir to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Gently stir in the blackberries. Some will get a bit crushed when they are stirred in but this is fine as it spreads the flavour!
- Put around two tablespoons of the mixture into each of the lined holes in your muffin tray.
- Put the muffin tray into the oven and bake the muffins for 20 minutes. They will be ready when they are risen and golden on top.
- Remove the tins for the oven and allow the muffins to cool for five minutes before removing from the tin.
If you don’t have shop-bought liners, you can easily make your own by cutting baking parchment into squares and using a small jar or tin to mould each square into the hole in the tin before adding the mixture.
Keywords: muffins, blackberries