These Candied Lemon and Lime Slices are a really easy way to decorate all kinds of cakes and puddings. Pretty and tasty – and no artificial preservatives!
- 1 lemon or 1 lime
- 125 ml water
- 75 g caster sugar
- Thinly slice your lemon or lime.
- Put the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Then increase the heat and bring the mixture up to boiling point.
- Put the lemon or lime slices into the sugar syrup and cook gently for 5 minutes until they are soft and translucent.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Leave the lemon or lime slices in the sugar syrup and allow to cool.
- When cool, remove the lemon or lime slices from the syrup and use to decorate cakes or desserts.
Keywords: lemon, lime, cake decoration