This fiery Chilli Jam combines the heat of fresh chillis with a sweet jam. It is perfect for perking up all kinds of savoury dishes as a condiment or an ingredient.
- 100 g fresh chillis (red, green or yellow)
- 100 g fresh red pepper
- 750 g jam sugar
- 40 ml cider or wine vinegar
- Finely chop the chillis and the red pepper and remove the seeds.
- Put the sugar and vinegar in a heavy-based pan. Heat gently, without stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Then add the chopped chillis and pepper to the pan. Increase the heat and cook at a rolling boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and blend using a food processor or hand blender. You should end up with very small pieces of chilli suspended in the jam.
- Pour the jam into a sterilised jar and seal with a lid.
You can sterilise your jar by washing it in warm, soapy water, rinsing well and then drying off for 15 minutes in an oven set at 140C/120C fan/gas 1.
The jam will keep for several months. Once you have opened the jar, keep it in the fridge.
Keywords: jam, chilli,