These quick and easy Cinnamon Biscuits (Cookies), flavoured with tangy tangerine and dried cranberries, are a brilliant seasonal treat.
- 150 g (6 oz) plain flour
- 100 g (4 oz) butter
- 50 g (2 oz) caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tangerines
- 25 g (1 oz) dried cranberries plus a few more to decorate
- 100 g (4 oz) icing sugar
- Set the oven to 170 C/325 F/Gas Mark 3
- Put the flour and butter into a bowl and rub together using your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Alternatively, process in a food processor.
- Add the sugar, ground cinnamon and the grated zest of the tangerines. Stir to combine and then add the dried cranberries.
- Squeeze the mixture together with your hands until it forms a soft dough.
- Roll the dough out to approximately 1 cm (half an inch) thickness.
- Cut into circles or other shapes if you wish.
- Place the circles on a baking tray lined with baking parchment or grease-proof paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the the biscuits to a cooling rack.
- Make the icing by mixing the juice of the two tangerines with the icing sugar.
- When the biscuits are completely cold, put a teaspoon of icing on each one and top with a dried cranberry.
Keywords: biscuits, cookies, Christmas, cinnamon, cranberries