This Cranberry Pavlova is made using left-over Fresh Cranberry Sauce. It is a fantastic, fruity, meringue-based festive pudding!
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300 ml double cream
- 250 ml Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- Set your oven to 140 C/275 F/Gas Mark 1.
- Whisk the egg whites with salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk until combined and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold the rest of the sugar, the cornflour and the lemon juice into the whisked egg whites.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment or silicon paper.
- Spoon the egg white mixture onto the baking sheet to form a large circle or oval.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour until the exterior of the meringue is hard to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- When ready to serve, whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks and then spread it on top of the meringue base.
- Spoon the Fresh Cranberry Sauce over the cream.
Making the Fresh Cranberry Sauce is really quick and easy. You just need to make sure that it is cooled before you assemble your pavlova.
Keywords: pavlova, cranberry, Christmas