This easy Banoffee Pie is a no-cook dessert that only requires five ingredients. Popular with children and adults alike, it brings together bananas, caramel, whipped cream on a buttery biscuit base.
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 100 g butter
- 397 g tin of Carnation caramel
- 3 ripe bananas
- 500 ml double cream
- Crush the digestive biscuits into crumbs. I do this either by putting the biscuits in a metal bowl and then using the end of a wooden rolling pin to crush them or by putting them in a plastic bag and using the side of a wooden rolling pin. Either way, it is a great way of getting rid of a bit of stress!
- Melt the butter – I generally do this by putting it in a small bowl and giving it a quick blast in microwave.
- Put the biscuit crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and stir to combine. Then pour the crumb mixture into a 23 cm loose-bottomed cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon to form a smooth layer.
- Put the tin containing the crumb mixture in the fridge for around 15 minutes. This will allow it to cool and harden so that it is easier to add the layer of caramel.
- When the crumb mixture has cooled, spoon the caramel on top of it to form the next layer.
- Peel and slice your bananas and place the slices on top of the caramel.
- Whip the cream and smooth this on top of the banana layer.
Keywords: banoffee pie, bananas, caramel