This Easy Lemon Curd Recipe is fool-proof and only takes ten minutes. In less time than it takes to go to the shop to buy ready-made Lemon Curd, you can have the far superior zesty, lemony home-made version.
- 2 unwaxed lemons
- 85 g butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Finely grate the zest of the lemons into a small, heavy-based saucepan.
- Squeeze the lemons and add their juice to the saucepan together with the butter and sugar.
- Beat the eggs and add these to the saucepan.
- Put the saucepan over a very low heat and stir until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined.
- Continue stirring over the low heat until the mixture has thickened. This should take around five minutes.
- Pour the mixture into sterilised jam jars and allow to cool.
Make sure you use unwaxed lemons which are available in most supermarkets. You want lemon zest rather than wax in your curd!
Don’t worry about ending up with scrambled eggs! The acid in the lemon juice will prevent this.
You can sterilise your jam jars by washing them in warm, soapy water, rinsing well and then drying off for 15 minutes in an oven set at 140C/120C fan/gas 1.
The lemon curd will keep for three weeks in the refridgerator.
Keywords: lemon curd, curd