This easy Shortbread recipe is made extra-special with the addition of white chocolate and dried raspberries.
180 g (6 oz) plain flour
125 g (4 oz) butter
55 g (2 oz) caster sugar
60 g (2 oz) ground almonds
125 g (4 oz) white chocolate or white chocolate chips
4 tablespoons of dried raspberries
- Set your oven to 180 C, 350 F or Gas Mark 4.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the butter and combine – either by “rubbing in” by hand or processing – until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and the ground almonds.
- Coarsely chop half of the white chocolate (60g or 2 oz) and add it to the mixture. Stir in half of the dried raspberries (2 tablespoons).
- Tip the mixture into a 20 cm (8 inch) loose-based pie tin. Press the mixture into the tin using the back of a spoon.
- Put the tin into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The shortbread will be done when it is light golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the oven. Score the shortbread into segments eight segments using a sharp knife. Allow the shortbread to cool in the tin.
- Melt the remaining half of the white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave or over a “double-boiler”. Drizzle it over the top of the shortbread and then sprinkle with the remaining dried raspberries.
Keywords: shortbread, white chocolate, raspberry