Add the scent of early English summer to your cocktails with this home-made Elderflower Gin.
- 6 elderflower heads
- 1 strip peel from an unwaxed lemon
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 500 ml gin
- Wash the elderflower heads to remove any insects.
- Put the elderflower heads into the jar together with the lemon peel and caster sugar. Add the gin.
- Allow to infuse for 24 hours.
- Strain through a sieve lined with muslin or kitchen paper into a clean jar or bottle.
- The gin will keep for approximately one month.
Keywords: elderflower gin