This easy make-ahead Fresh Cranberry Sauce with White Wine, Orange and Cinnamon is the taste of Christmas!
- Zest of one orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 170 g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 100 ml (4 fl oz) water
- 225 g (8 oz) fresh cranberries
- Grate the orange zest into a small pan.
- Add the cinnamon stick, sugar, wine and water. Stir over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries.
- Bring to the boil then simmer very gently for eight minutes until the fruit is tender and most of the berries have burst.
- According to taste, you can either leave the cranberries intact or blend the sauce with a hand blender or food processor so that it is smooth.
- Cover and set aside to cool until ready to serve. The mixture will thicken as it cools and the flavours will develop nicely.
The Cranberry Sauce will keep in the fridge for two to three days.
Keywords: Cranberry Sauce, cranberries, Christmas