These quick and easy Ginger Biscuits (or Ginger Cookies) are crisp and buttery with a subtle note of ginger.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
100 g (4 oz) rolled oats
100 g (4 oz) soft brown sugar
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
1 tablespoon flour
- 25 g (1 oz) flaked almonds
100 g (4 oz) butter
- 1 egg
50 g (2 oz) stem ginger
- Set your oven to 170 C, 325 F or Gas Mark 3.
- Line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Pour half a teaspoon of vegetable oil onto each sheet and spread over the entire surface using your fingers or a pastry brush.
- Put the rolled oats, soft brown sugar, caster sugar, flour, almonds and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a microwave or in a small saucepan. Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients. Then stir in the egg.
- Finely chop the stem ginger and add it to the mixture.
- Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets making sure that you leave a four centimetre gap between each one as they will spread out when they are in the oven.
- Put the baking sheets into the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool on them for five minutes before removing them with a palette knife or spatula. Place them on a baking rack to cool completely.
Keywords: biscuits, cookies, ginger, easy