This quick and easy vegetarian Jerusalem Artichoke Soup showcases the delicious nutty flavour of this under-used vegetable.
- 50 g butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 kilo jerusalem artichokes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large potatoes (around 350 g)
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- Heat the butter or oil in a large saucepan or casserole.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion and the jerusalem artichokes and add to the pan. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and fry them very gently for around 15 minutes until the onions are translucent and the artichoke pieces are beginning to soften.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and add to the pan with the onion and artichoke pieces.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Blend the soup until smooth in a food processor or with a hand-held blender.
- If the soup is too thick, you can add a little water to thin it to the desired consistency.
You can make this soup vegan by just using vegetable oil.
Keywords: soup, jerusalem artichokes, vegetarian, vegan