Crisp, buttery and zesty, these Lemon Biscuits make a fantastic accompaniment to ice-cream or sorbet but are also great with a cup of tea!
- 225 g butter
- 85 g caster sugar
- 275 g plain flour
- 25 g ground almonds
- Zest of one lemon
- A little extra caster sugar (optional)
- Set your oven to 200 degrees C/gas mark 6.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and lemon zest and combine to form a soft dough.
- Gently roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into shapes using a cookie cutter. I tend to make them either heart-shaped or round or any shape you like!
- Place the dough shapes on a lightly floured baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray for five minutes or so. If you wish, sprinkle each biscuit with a little caster sugar while it is still warm.
- Transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: lemon biscuits