This ice-cream combines the fruity deliciousness of mango with a zing of fresh lime.
- 120 g caster sugar
- 3 large, very ripe, mangoes
- 4 limes
- 200 ml double cream
- Put the sugar into a small saucepan together with 150 ml of water. Heat slowly until the sugar is dissolved. Then simmer uncovered for around 15 minutes until the mixture has reduced and looks thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Peel your mangoes, remove the flesh, put it into your liquidiser and blend into a smooth puree.
- Put the mango puree into a bowl and add the cooled sugar syrup and the juice and grated zest of the limes.
- In a separate bowl (or food processor) whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the mango mixture into the whipped cream.
- Put the combined mixture into the fridge and allow to get completely cold.
- If you have an ice-cream maker, put the mixture into it and process according to instructions. Once the ice-cream has thickened, transfer it to a freezer-proof container and keep in your freezer until you wish to eat it.
- If you do not have an ice-cream maker, you can transfer the mixture straight into the freezer-proof container, freeze for one hour, then stir and return to the freezer.
Keywords: mango and lime ice-cream, mango ice-cream