This quick and easy pesto uses fresh mint combined with toasted walnuts, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Stirred into cooked pasta, it is the perfect no-fuss vegetarian supper.
- 100 g (4 oz) walnut halves
- 2 fat cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 100 g (4 oz) parmesan cheese (grated)
- 50 g (2 oz) fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- 10 tablespoons oil (I use 5 extra virgin olive oil and 5 rapeseed oil)
- Salt to taste
- Put the walnuts in a frying pan and dry fry for around five minutes until toasted.
- Put the walnuts in a food processor or blender and add the crushed garlic, grated parmesan cheese and chopped mint leaves.
- Add the oil and blend until you get a rough paste.
- Add salt to taste
Keywords: mint, pesto, sauce