Prawn Pasta with Sorrel and Chive Herb Butter is an easy and tasty supper dish.
- Half bulb of fennel
- 1 onion
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic (optional – there is garlic in the Sorrel and Chive Herb Butter)
- 165 g (6 oz) peeled raw prawns
- 1 portion of Sorrel and Chive Herb Butter
- 350 g (12 oz) dried long pasta (eg spaghetti, linguine or tagliatelle)
- Melt the 25 g butter in your frying pan over a low heat. Finely chop the fennel and onion and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook slowly for around 15 minutes until soft and sweet. Either chop the garlic clove finely or squeeze through a garlic press and add to the mixture and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the raw prawns, and the tiger prawns if you are using them, to the pan and fry for around five minutes until pink and cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a big saucepan, add salt to taste, and cook your pasta as specified on the packet. This would usually be for around 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the frying pan with the fennel, onion and prawns. (It is always best to add the pasta to the sauce rather than the other way around as this makes sure that the balance of pasta to sauce is as you like it.).
- Add your Sorrel and Chive Herb Butter to the frying pan, let it melt into the pasta and prawn mixture and serve.
Keywords: prawn, sorrel, pasta