Raspberry Clafoutis is a simple dessert recipe which consists of fresh raspberries set in a creamy baked custard.
- A little butter
- 170 g (6 oz) fresh raspberries
- 80 g (3 oz) plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) cream
- 100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Set your oven to 180 C, 400 F or Gas Mark 4.
- Grease an oven-proof dish with a little butter.
- Place the fresh raspberries in the dish. Make sure that they are evenly distributed.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the three eggs and stir to combine. Gradually add the cream. Finally, add the caster sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Gently pour the custard mixture over the raspberries in the oven-proof dish.
- Put the dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Eat immediately or set allow to cool if you wish to eat the clafoutis at room temperature.
Keywords: clafoutis, raspberry