This is a lovely ice-cream to make in early summer which combines the flavours of rhubarb and rose.
- 600 g (1.5 lbs) Rhubarb Curd – you can either make your own (See my recipe for homemade Rhubarb Curd) or you can buy it in good supermarkets or food stores
- 300 ml (Half a pint) double cream
- A teaspoon of rosewater
- A few drops of pink food colouring (optional)
- Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Stir in the Rhubarb Curd.
- Add a teaspoon of rose-water.
- Add a few drops of pink food colouring if you feel the mixture needs to be pinker! This won’t be necessary if you have already added colouring to home-made Curd.
- Put the ice-cream mixture in your ice-cream maker, process until thickened and transfer to a freezer-proof container and store in your freezer until required. Alternatively, as outlined above, you can put the ice-cream mixture straight into the freezer if you don’t have an ice-cream maker.
Keywords: rhubarb ice-cream, rhubarb and rose ice-cream