This delicious jam is made from fresh rose petals and has an amazing floral taste.
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) water
- 450 g (1 lb) caster sugar
- 50 g (2 oz) fresh rose petals
- 100 ml (3 fl oz) pectin
- Juice of half a lemon
- Put the water and sugar in a heavy-based pan. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Check that the rose petals are free from insects. You can wash your petals if you wish. However, to ensure a stronger flavour, it is better not to wash them.
- Add the rose petals to the saucepan containing the water and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and pectin and then pour the mixture into a sterilised jam jar. Cover with a lid and allow to cool.
You can sterilise your jam jar by washing it in warm, soapy water, rinsing well and then drying off for 15 minutes in an oven set at 140C/120C fan/gas 1.
Keywords: rose petal, jam