This quick and easy pasta dish combines delicious smoked salmon with fennel and lemon. It takes a matter of minutes to prepare and is perfect for supper after a long day at work.
- 500 g dried spaghetti
- 100 g smoked salmon (smoked salmon trimmings are fine)
- 2 fronds of herb fennel (or dill)
- Bunch of chives (about 6 stems)
- 150 ml double cream
- A knob of butter
- Zest of half a lemon
- Black pepper
- Fill the large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. When boiling, add a pinch of salt, put the spaghetti in the saucepan and cook according to instructions (generally this will be for around 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cut the smoked salmon into small pieces and finely chop the herb fennel and chives.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and return it to the saucepan. Stir in the smoked salmon pieces, chopped herbs, double cream and knob of butter. Grate a little lemon zest over the pasta – the amount will depend on how lemony you like your pasta. Season with black pepper. There is no need to add any extra salt as the smoked salmon will be very salty.
- Remove the pasta from the pan and serve.
Keywords: smoked salmon, pasta, chives, fennel