A brilliantly easy and versatile recipe which combines slow-roasted carrots with warm Middle Eastern spices and a garlic, lemon and honey dressing. It can be made into a side-dish, a salad, a dip or a sandwich filling!
- 800 g fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- Juice of one lemon
- Set your oven to 200 C/Gas Mark 6
- Peel the carrots and chop into disks about 3 mm thick.
- Put the carrot disks onto a baking tray. Add the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the carrot disks in the oven for around 30 minutes until they are soft and slightly brown at the edges.
- Remove the carrot disks from the oven and roughly mash using a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cumin, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, crushed garlic clove, honey and lemon juice.
- Add the roughly mashed carrots to the bowl and stir to combine.
This is a very versatile recipe. It can be served warm as a side dish. It can be served at room temperature as a salad. Or you can put it in the blender and create a dip or a sandwich filling!
Keywords: carrots, spices, salad