- 225 g mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pecans)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt (optional)
- Set your oven to 180 C or Gas Mark 4.
- Put all ingredients, except the salt, in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Then pour the coated nuts onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the nuts are starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the nuts in an uncovered bowl to cool. The soy sauce gives the nuts a salty taste. However, if you wish, you can add extra salt at this stage.
- The nuts will keep for several weeks in an air-tight container.
Keywords: nuts, spices, chilli, nibbles