This simple Strawberry Pavlova is the perfect make-ahead, show-stopping dessert. It consists of crisp meringue topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 225 (8 oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300 ml (10 fluid oz) double cream
- As many strawberries as you like
- Set your oven to 140 C/275 F/Gas Mark 1.
- Whisk the egg whites with salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk until combined and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold the rest of the sugar, the cornflour and the lemon juice into the whisked egg whites.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment or silicon paper.
- Spoon the egg white mixture onto the baking sheet to form a large circle or oval.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour until the exterior of the meringue is hard to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- When ready to serve, whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks and then spread it on top of the meringue base.
- Decorate as you wish with strawberries or other berries.
Keywords: pavlova, strawberries