This simple raw Beetroot and Carrot salad is healthy and delicious and can be made in only 10 minutes.
- 3 small beetroots
- 4 carrots
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel and coarsely grate the raw beetroots and carrots.
- Put in a bowl with the dried cranberries.
- Make the dressing by putting the olive oil in a measuring jug and adding the squeezed juice of the orange and the lemon, the honey and the salt. Mix well to combine. The dressing will be quite thin as the proportion of oil to juice is lower than in a normal dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the beetroot, carrot and cranberries. If possible, leave for a couple of hours before eating to allow the flavours to develop.
- This recipe is vegetarian. If you want to make it vegan, you can use an alternative, such as maple syrup, for the honey.
Keywords: beetroot, carrot, salad