This tasty salad can be made in advance and is a great addition to cold buffets and picnics. It combines broad beans with tangy feta and crunch radishes with a zesty lemon dressing.
- 600 g fresh podded broad beans or frozen broad beans
- 150 g feta cheese
- 3 large radishes
- 4 spring onions
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the broad beans either by putting into a pan of boiling water and simmering for five minutes or by steaming for five minutes.
- Drain the beans and cover with cold water to stop the cooking process and to cool them down so they can easily be handled.
- Remove the outer skins from the beans. There is a technique to this which involves splitting the outer skin with your thumb nail and then squeezing gently so that the inner part of the bean pops out of the skin.
- Place the skinned beans in a bowl. Chop the feta cheese into small chunks, slice the spring onions and radishes and add them all to the bowl with the beans.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to the bowl and stir to combine. Be sparing with the salt as the feta cheese will be quite salty.
This salad can be made ahead of time which makes it great for buffets and picnics
If you can’t get fresh broad beans you can use frozen broad beans which give an excellent result
Keywords: broad beans, fava beans, feta, salad, picnic, buffet