Whether you make these Cheese Biscuits with or without chilli, they are a fantastic snack with drinks or for a box-set binge. The dough can be kept in the fridge or freezer and baked whenever you feel like fresh home-made biscuits.
- 100 g butter (at room temperature)
- 100 g strong cheese (eg Cheddar)
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Set your oven to 180 degrees C or Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut across to form disks approximately 1 cm thick.
- Place the disks on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and place the biscuits on a baking rack to cool.
- If you don’t like chilli, you can leave it out. The plain, cheese biscuits are delicious too!
- The baked biscuits will keep for several days in an air-tight tin.
- The dough can be kept in the fridge for a week. So that you can cut it into discs and bake for home-made biscuits within minutes.
- The dough can also be frozen for several months.
Keywords: biscuits, cookies, savoury biscuits, chilli, cheese biscuits