This creamy, tangy three-ingredient Lemon Curd Ice Cream is probably the easiest ice cream recipe that you will find.
- 400 ml double cream
- 400 ml Greek yogurt
- 400 ml Lemon Curd
- Whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Stir the Greek yogurt and 300 ml of the Lemon Curd into the whisked cream.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge in a covered bowl to become thoroughly chilled.
- When you are ready to make the ice-cream, transfer the mixture to your ice-cream maker and use according to your machine’s instructions. If you do not have an ice-cream maker, you can place the mixture in a freezer-proof container, put in the freezer for several hours until half-frozen. Whisk the mixture and then return to the container and replace in the freezer until totally frozen.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir inn the remaining 100 ml of Lemon Curd so that it forms a “ripple” through the ice cream. Transfer to a container and keep in the freezer until you wish to eat it.
This recipe is much better if you use home-made Lemon Curd and you can find a fool-proof recipe on this blog. However, if you don’t have the time or inclination to make your own, you can use good quality shop-bought Lemon Curd.
Keywords: ice cream, lemon, lemon curd, lemon dessert