Lemon Curd Ice Cream
This Lemon Curd Ice Cream is my perfect summer dessert. Lemon is one of my favourite flavours – in both sweet and savoury dishes – and I love home-made ice cream. This recipe produces a rich, creamy ice cream, using a combination of double cream and Greek Yogurt, which is given a citrus zing from Lemon Curd. Some of the curd is used to flavour the ice cream and the remainder is stirred through at the end so that you get a ripple of extra tasty Lemon Curd in each mouthful!
Quick and easy, three ingredient recipe
This is probably the quickest and easiest ice cream recipe. It only has three ingredients – cream, Greek yogurt and Lemon Curd – and takes a matter of minutes to combine them. I think the ice cream tastes better if you use home-made Lemon Curd. It has a citrus zestiness that you just don’t get with the shop-bought version. I have a foolproof, quick recipe for making Lemon Curd and you can use it for lots of other things as well as ice-cream. It is great just spread on bread or as a filling for cakes or you could try making my Lemon Pavlova. However, if you don’t have the time or inclination to make your own Lemon Curd, you can use shop-bought.
You can use an ice cream maker to make this ice cream but it is not essential. If you do not have an ice-cream maker, you can place the mixture in a freezer-proof container, put in the freezer for several hours until half-frozen. Whisk the mixture and then return to the container and replace in the freezer until totally frozen.
Ice Cream dreams…
Once you start making, and eating, your own ice cream, it can become a bit addictive! There are lots of other recipes for home-made botanical ice cream on this blog so you might like to try Rose Ice Cream, Lavender Ice Cream, Elderflower Ice Cream, Thyme, Honey and Mascarpone Ice Cream or Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream.Print
This creamy, tangy three-ingredient Lemon Curd Ice Cream is probably the easiest ice cream recipe that you will find.
- 400 ml double cream
- 400 ml Greek yogurt
- 400 ml Lemon Curd
- Whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Stir the Greek yogurt and 300 ml of the Lemon Curd into the whisked cream.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge in a covered bowl to become thoroughly chilled.
- When you are ready to make the ice-cream, transfer the mixture to your ice-cream maker and use according to your machine’s instructions. If you do not have an ice-cream maker, you can place the mixture in a freezer-proof container, put in the freezer for several hours until half-frozen. Whisk the mixture and then return to the container and replace in the freezer until totally frozen.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir inn the remaining 100 ml of Lemon Curd so that it forms a “ripple” through the ice cream. Transfer to a container and keep in the freezer until you wish to eat it.
This recipe is much better if you use home-made Lemon Curd and you can find a fool-proof recipe on this blog. However, if you don’t have the time or inclination to make your own, you can use good quality shop-bought Lemon Curd.
Keywords: ice cream, lemon, lemon curd, lemon dessert