This easy Lemon Pavlova recipe is the perfect combination of whipped cream, zesty Lemon Curd and crisp meringue.
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 225 caster sugar
- teaspoon cornflour
- teaspoon lemon juice
- 300 ml Lemon Curd (you can use ready-made Curd but home-made is better)
- 300 ml double cream
- Set your oven to 140 C/275 F/Gas Mark 1.
- Whisk the egg whites with salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk until combined and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold the rest of the sugar, the cornflour and the lemon juice into the whisked egg whites.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment or silicon paper.
- Spoon the egg white mixture onto the baking sheet to form a large circle or oval.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour until the exterior of the meringue is hard to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- When ready to serve, spoon the Lemon Curd over the top of the meringue base.
- Then whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks and then spread it on top of the Lemon Curd
I have a foolproof recipe for Lemon Curd, which is very quick and easy to make and tastes so much better than the shop-bought version.
Keywords: lemon pavlova, lemon meringue, lemon desserts