This colourful Red Cabbage Coleslaw, made with red onion, red cabbage, carrot, radish and apple, looks pretty and is a great way to eat lots of healthy vegetables.
- 1 red onion
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a red cabbage
- 5 large carrots
- 5 radishes
- 1 apple
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Slice your red onion thinly. Place the slices in a ceramic dish together with the juice of half a lemon. Leave for at least half an hour. The lemon juice will make the raw onion taste milder but still retain its fresh crunchiness!
- Prepare the other vegetables. Thinly slice the red cabbage. Grate the carrots. Cut the radishes into thin disks.
- Put the prepared vegetables, together with the marinated onion, into a large bowl.
- Cut the apple into small pieces, omitting the core, and add it to the bowl of vegetables.
- Add the mayonnaise to the bowl and stir to lightly cover the other ingredients.
Keywords: slaw, coleslaw, red cabbage, onion, carrot, red slaw