This Roasted Beetroot Salad combines the sweetness of roasted beetroot with creamy Greek yogurt and nutty tahini. Once the beetroot have been roasted, it can be assembled in minutes.
- 4 small raw beetroot
- 300 ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- Set your oven to 180 C, 350 F or Gas Mark 4.
- Wash your beetroot and loosely wrap each one in kitchen foil. Place the wrapped beetroot on an oven tray. Roast the beetroot in the oven for around 40 minutes until soft. Remove the beetroot from the oven and allow to cool. When they are cool enough to handle, remove the skins using a sharp knife.
- Chop the cooked beetroot into chunks of approximately 1 cm.
- Put the Greek yogurt, tahini and crushed garlic clove into a large bowl and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Add the chopped beetroot chunks to the mixture in the bowl and stir to ensure that it is coated with the yogurt dressing.
You can use full-fat Greek yogurt or one of the varieties that is lower fat. I generally use the 5% fat version rather than the 0% fat version.
This salad can be served either warm or at room temperature. It can be made in advance and keeps well in the fridge for two or three days.
Keywords: beetroot, yogurt, tahini, salad