Pretty and pink, this Raspberry Pavlova, has a wonderful rose-flavoured meringue base topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 225 caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon culinary rosewater
- A few drops of red food colouring (optional)
- 300 ml double cream
- As many raspberries as you like!
- Set your oven to 140 C/275 F/Gas Mark 1.
- Whisk the egg whites with salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk until combined and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold the rest of the sugar, the cornflour, the lemon juice, the rosewater and the food colouring (if using) into the whisked egg whites.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment or silicon paper.
- Spoon the egg white mixture onto the baking sheet to form a large circle or oval.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour until the exterior of the meringue is hard to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- When ready to serve, whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks and then spread it on top of the meringue base. Arrange the raspberries on top.
- If you want the Pavlova to be pink, you will need to add a little red food colouring. This is optional – if it is not pink, it will still taste the same!
Keywords: pavlova, raspberries