Rose and Raspberry Pavlova
Get in touch with your girly side with this pretty-in-pink Raspberry Pavlova. Sometimes, even the least girly of us (and I include myself in that description) feel a need to embrace pink. If you feel a girly mood coming on, this Raspberry Pavlova, with delicate pink rose-flavoured meringue could be the answer!
Raspberry and rose is a classic flavour combination. In this Pavlova, the meringue is flavoured with rosewater and topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. The slightly sharp flavour of the raspberries is an excellent contrast with the sweetly floral meringue.
Pavlova is my go-to dessert for celebrations of all kinds. It is very easy to make, can be prepared in advance, looks impressive and is not too heavy so is perfect as a summer dessert. If you like the recipe for this Raspberry Pavlova, you may also like my classic Pavlova , my Rose Meringues and my classic Meringues.
If you are making any of my meringue-based recipes, you might also check out my ice-cream recipes such as Lavender Ice-cream, Thyme Ice-cream with Honey and Mascarpone or Elderflower Ice-cream. You need four egg whites for this recipe which means you will have four spare egg yolks. As I hate waste, I pretty much always make some form of ice-cream when I make any type of meringue. Very conveniently, all my ice-cream recipes require four egg yolks.
Rose and Raspberry PavlovaPrint
Pretty and pink, this Raspberry Pavlova, has a wonderful rose-flavoured meringue base topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 225 caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon culinary rosewater
- A few drops of red food colouring (optional)
- 300 ml double cream
- As many raspberries as you like!
- Set your oven to 140 C/275 F/Gas Mark 1.
- Whisk the egg whites with salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk until combined and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold the rest of the sugar, the cornflour, the lemon juice, the rosewater and the food colouring (if using) into the whisked egg whites.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment or silicon paper.
- Spoon the egg white mixture onto the baking sheet to form a large circle or oval.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour until the exterior of the meringue is hard to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- When ready to serve, whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks and then spread it on top of the meringue base. Arrange the raspberries on top.
- If you want the Pavlova to be pink, you will need to add a little red food colouring. This is optional – if it is not pink, it will still taste the same!
Keywords: pavlova, raspberries