This home-made Smoked Salmon Pate takes a matter of minutes to make and tastes so good that you will never want to use the ready-made variety again!
- 180 g cream cheese (such as Philadelphia, either full-fat or reduced fat)
- 100 g smoked salmon trimmings
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of double cream (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs, such as dill or chives, to decorate (optional)
- Put the cream cheese, smoked salmon trimmings, lemon juice and double cream (if using) into a blender and process until smooth.
- Add pepper to taste. You don’t need any salt as the smoked salmon is salty.
- Put the pate in a bowl and decorate with fresh herbs if you wish. Dill or chives will go very well with the flavour of the pate.
You can choose to make a higher fat version of this pate by adding double cream and using full-fat cream cheese or make a lower fat version by omitting the double cream and using reduced fat cream cheese.
Keywords: smoked salmon, pate