These biscuits are flavoured with fresh thyme and topped with crunchy, toasted pinenuts. They are great as an accompaniment to ice-cream or sorbet.
- 115g butter (softened)
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large egg
- 175g plain flour
- 35g pinenuts
- Set the oven to 170 C/325 F/Gas Mark 3
- Combine all ingredients, except the pinenuts, in your food processor until they form a soft dough. (NB: If you do not have a food processor, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the chopped thyme. Gradually add the egg and then the flour.)
- Roll the dough out to approximately 1 cm thickness.
- Cut into circles or other shapes if you wish.
- Place the circles on a baking tray lined with baking parchment or grease-proof paper.
- Press pinenuts into the top of each circle of dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Keywords: biscuits, thyme, pinenuts