Small frying pan, quiche or flan dish (28 cm)Print
Crab and prawn tart with chilli, lime and coriander
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: for 8 people 1x
- Category: Tart
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: English
The chilli, lime and coriander add zest to the more delicate taste of the seafood in this summer tart. It is great for a light lunch or supper or as part of a cold buffet.
- For the pastry:
275 g plain flour
125 g fat (I use a mix of half butter and half Trex as I think this makes the lightest pastry)
A little water
- For the filling:
5 spring onions
Half a red chilli
1 tbs oil
100 g crab meat
150 g raw prawns
200 ml double cream
Bunch of coriander
Zest of half a lime
- Set oven to 200 degrees C/gas mark 6.Make the pastry. Put the flour in a bowl. Add the fat and combine – either by “rubbing in” by hand or processing – until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little cold water (2-3 tbsp) and shape the mixture into a dough.
- Roll out your pastry and use it to line your quiche or flan dish. Bake for 5 minutes in the oven to allow the pastry to “set”. This will stop the filling making it soggy! Remove the pastry case from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- Chop the spring onions and chilli and add to the frying pan with a little oil. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Put the spring onion and chilli mixture into the pastry case along with the crab meat and raw prawns.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the cream, and beat until combined. Chop the coriander and add to the mixture along with the grated lime zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture into the pastry case.
- Place your quiche or flan dish in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- The tart can be eaten hot, room temperature or cold.
Keywords: crab and prawn tart, chilli, coriander
You may also like..
Asparagus and Herb Cheese Tart
Prawn Pasta with Sorrel and Chive Herb Butter
2 thoughts on “Crab and prawn tart with chilli, lime and coriander”